Tuesday 26 March 2013

Stiff upper lip

Illness has been lingering on here. My sneezing viral infection has lead into a sore throat, enlarged glands and loss of voice viral infection!! It feels as if I haven't felt 'normal' for over a week now. My sons have stepped up to the mark on the home front, but then I  cannot shout at them, let alone speak in more than a whisper.

I have been feeling miserable, but yesterday I got my sewing machine set up in the dining room and over the course of the day, made a couple of blocks. I am Queen Bee in Bee a Brit Stingy in April and I felt that I should be posting what I want my bees to be making, as April is less than a week away.

I have actually found it really difficult to decide on a block. Our bee is a scrappy one, so this needs to be taken into account when choosing a block. 

We have already made feathers for Lucy
Feather for Lucy
Emily asked for + and x blocks. Check out how awesome her finished quilt is.
+ and x for Emily
Jan had us make these blocks 
 "Road to Tennessee"
Over the last week, I have trawled through Flickr looking for a block that would work well in a scrappy bee sort of way. I came across a block called Scrappy Sprouts and knew that it was 'the' block for me. The leaves will be made in different rainbow colours by my lovely bees.
Scrappy Sprouts
don't quite know how this quilt will turn out, but as part of the plan I thought that I might put some flower heads on some of the stalks. I don't think I have the final plan sorted yet but there is still some time to tweak my ideas.

Di x


25 comments:

  1. Scrappy sprouts look cute with their stalks, I'm looking forward to following the progress of this quilt. Keep wrapped up warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry you're still ill Di, it is horrible! Love all the blocks you've made and think scrappy sprouts will be fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sprouts look fabulous! Sorry you're still with the lurgy, you mean I have another week of feeling like this, it's awful! Keep warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon and I'm looking forward to making you some sprouts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you, I really hope you feel better very soon!
    Love your scrappy sprouts, too.
    BTW, I won't be able to finish my quilt for the FAL, I simply haven't got the time. I will just have to move it to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great block choice! Sorry you're still not well (I know how that feels...) I hope you perk up soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw Di, what a rotter to have a lingering, stubborn germ! I hope it moves out really soon! Great that the boys are helping out though! The sprout blocks are great in the scrappy style! Good choice! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope you feel better soon. Nice choice of block, I think it will look brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get well soon, we all have the lurgy here too :( Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no, I hope you get better soon. I blame this damn snow. Love that sprout block, that quilt will be a winner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh do hurry up and get better! I think your block is a good one, especially in rainbow leaves. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scrappy sprouts look lovely - look forward to seeing how that comes together. So sorry that the lurgy is still hanging over you. Hope it gives you a break very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab choice! I'm getting slightly panicky about choosing a block for my month (May) in one of my bees, it's so hard! Hope you're feeling better soon, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to sprouting! Sorry you are feeling awful still but glad the boys are helping! They should!

    In a quandry myself as to picking a bee block for next month as QB - thought I'd decided but now have cold feet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor you Di :((( Hope you feel a lot better soon. Loving the look and sound of the scrappy sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're not too poorly to think about quilting Di, hope you are fully recovered soon. I like the sprout block - very appropriate for Lincolnshire
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh pls feel better soon! Loving your sprout idea sounds amazing. Will go with whatever you plan! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh pls feel better soon! Loving your sprout idea sounds amazing. Will go with whatever you plan! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh pls feel better soon! Loving your sprout idea sounds amazing. Will go with whatever you plan! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh pls feel better soon! Loving your sprout idea sounds amazing. Will go with whatever you plan! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you start to feel better soon. What a fabulous block you have set for us, going to be great to do

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you're feeling better soon! Love the sprouts... So cheery and spring-like amongst all the cold and snow we're having!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are fabulous, I'm sure it will make for a great scrappy quilt! :o)

    ReplyDelete