I have been working hard to get my Bee a Brit Stingy quilt top together. I found the perfect print for the background that isn’t a ‘flat’ colour but adds texture without taking over from the LV background around the sprouts. I managed to get most of the quilt top sewn together yesterday, but had to go back to my LQS today, to buy another piece of the background fabric to sash across the top and bottom. I really wanted the quilt to have ‘movement’ so I have off set each row.
It was a really difficult quilt to photograph as it was so large. In the end, I managed to lay it outside on the grass in an effort to get all of the quilt into the photo.
It measures a whopping 83” x 70”. I just love this quilt and it has turned out far better than I had originally thought when I chose this pattern for my worker bees to do. The next job to tackle is piecing a back together that incorporates all the signature sprouts.