Over last weekend I started making the panels for a mini Weekender Bag, using a scaled down Amy Butler pattern.
I bravely/foolishly decided that the QAYG method was going to take too long and so I decided to steel my nerves and do free motion quilting on each panel.
The results of my decision are below.
|Mini weekender quilting progress|
The stitching is all over the place. Some stitches are too small, some too big and a very few are just fine. I started quilting on the part of the main panel that would be covered by the main pocket. It was a very wise decision as despite my unpicking that part of the panel is not very good. I am really enjoying having a go at the FMQ but I also know that I have a lot to practice and learn.
I have run out of piping cord and herringbone tape so this project has come to a bit of a halt until I get new supplies.
Yesterday I made a zippy pouch for a friend whose birthday it is today. We are going out to be 'ladies who lunch' tomorrow so I will give it to her then. She likes Liberty and especially the colour blue. I like Liberty and linen so I combined the two to make this pouch.
Emboldened by my recent FM writing I added her name on the back and did a little hand stitching with a perle embroidery cotton to emphase the dresden plate on the front and the little square on the reverse side.
|Liberty and linen pouch|
Well, that is my sewing exploits up to date.