Wednesday 5 February 2014

A gift

I have been beavering away, making a quilt for a little boy, whose Thanksgiving Service we have been invited to in March. 

I had a lot of fun in making this quilt - from choosing the fabric with the help of my son, to sewing the top during the rugby matches this past weekend. (My son has been glued to the rugby. It is quite amusing as he fervently supports Ireland, the land of his father, rather than England!).

I love the simplicity of a simple square quilt.

 I like the fact that each piece of fabric can be showcased. In this quilt I like the little tea party rabbits and the ric-rac rabbits interspersed with stronger background fabrics - the russet spots were from my buy on the greatukfabricdestash that was recently held over on Instagram. For me, you cannot beat a stripy binding and this ric-rac fabric really encompasses the main colours of this quilt. 

I had so much pleasure in sewing this quilt. I look forward to giving it away and seeing the pleasure in the parents' faces.

Di x



15 comments:

  1. that is so lovely! Is a thanksgiving service like a Christening? I love the rabbit tea-party fabric - do you know which line it is as I have to go looking for some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! That's sure to be a well loved quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE this - I think it is so perfect! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is lovely. I love the rabbit fabric and the balloons. What is a Thanksgiving Service?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt! I agree with you, you can't beat a patchwork quilt. Those rabbits are simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the simple quilts, this is lovely. What is a Thanksgiving service?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some fab prints in this quilt, and it looks great, loving the rabbits especially! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the prints you have used, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, love the simplicity of a squares quilt. I am sure this will be gratefully received and treasured. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He supports Ireland!!!!! :-) Fabulous quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ... Simple is sometimes the best.

    ReplyDelete