Since I last blogged, I have managed to do a little sewing in the manic-ness of life.
I always try and do my bee blocks near the beginning of the month as it feels good to know that I won't be late or if things go wrong (for example, cutting your thumb with a potato peeler) then it won't affect others. This is a good principle, but I tend to find that 'life' can get in the way of good principles!
So far, I have completed the bee blocks that Erin asked for in the Bee a Brit Stingy group. Check out this excellent tutorial. These blocks are easy and quick to do if you know your left from your right. Unfortunately that part of my brain doesn't work too well and consequently these blocks took me an age to complete.
|Herringbone block (1) for Erin|
|Herringbone block (2) for Erin|
|Herringbone block (3) for Erin|
Once I had got my left and right sorted, I then was given a little help with the photoshoot!
The hipBee group are going to do some string blocks for Reene, as she is our October queen. Unfortunately Reene has had to undergo an operation recently and is still not A1, so these blocks might be done at the tail end of the month once Reene gets her troops organised for the Post Office run. This is good as I have lots of other sewing to be getting on with and relieves the pressure on me!
The final bit of bee news is that the fab girls over at Brit Bee have asked me to join them. Terri is dropping out from the regular sewing so I was asked to take her place. They have a new round starting this month and I need to sew a star block. I have ideas of paper piecing one as I so enjoyed making my cushion cover top below.
I also have a couple of secret sewing projects on the go. I can only give you a peak of the first one…
…and say that the second one involves Liberty and Linen. The latter one has to be started and completed within the next 24 hours. Yikes! I need to go…