I was tagged by Tanya of Second Chance Tan a couple of weeks ago and she posed me a few questions. I have tried to answer them as truthfully as possible below. When I was tagged I then thought of who I would tag. I emailed my
‘victims’ selected people and then waited to see if they were willing to be tagged. In the meantime Judith of Just Jude tagged me, so now I have 22 questions to answer!
These are the questions asked by Tanya with the answers.
1. What is the meal and/or cake you most regularly cook?
I have two teenage boys who are always hungry and are never full so I regularly cook lasange and a chilli. I like to surprise them with a mid week roast too when I am feeling benevolent!
2. If you had a totally free weekend coming up (and a decent amount of cash in your wallet) what would you choose to do with the time?
I would go to the beach with a picnic if it was warm. I just love the fresh air and not having to DO anything but just BE. If it was winter I would like to fly to somewhere warm... perhaps Australia to see my cousins! I really don’t like winter!!!!
3. What have you made that you are most proud of?
My first quilt (see my banner). I made it this time last year by following a QAL and really didn’t have a clue as to what I was doing. It now lives at the end of my bed. It still gives me a thrill every time that I look at it.
4. What makes you happy?
Just chilling with my family and not having to be the one to cook dinner.
5. What tip would you give me?
Live for the day, as you can never know what is around the corner.
6. What was your best moment of the past year?
Seeing my son do well in his GCSEs, despite being ill for most of the previous year.
7. What would you recommend as your favourite book?
I used to read ferociously, but in recent years I have lost my zest for reading. I look at a lot of quilting books but to actually sit down and read, then I guess it would be the bible.
8. Are you afraid of anything?
My pet hate is to walk into a room when it is dark and the curtains are not pulled. Silly, irrational, but true.
9. What is your favourite drink?
Why a cup of tea!
10. What colour should I decorate my loft bedroom?
Go neutral and then you can put you lovely makes there and show them off to best effect!
11. What's your best time saving advice?
I am not a great lover of cooking, so if I can cook two or three meals in one go then I will. This then gives me a day of cooking the next couple of days!!!
These are the questions and answers that Judith asked me
1. What is your favourite ice cream flavour/brand?
I am not too keen on ice-cream, so it will have to be good ice-cream or very warm! Knowing that Judith is in Northern Ireland then I would pick a Morellis!
2. What kind of stuff do you like to watch on telly?
I don’t really like the telly. Give me Radio 4 any day!
3. What are your favourite colour combos for fabric at the mo?
I am really liking grey with raspberry.
4. Who in your life do you most admire and why?
I admire people who stand up for their beliefs and will campaign for them. Andrea Minichiello Williams is a woman that I very much admire.
6. What inspired you to first start sewing/quilting?
I was unemployed and at home all day, every day for the first time in my life. One day I thought that as I enjoyed sewing and patchwork as a girl, perhaps this would fill the gap. Now the gap is filled and I have another job!
7. What part of your body do you like the most?
Painted toe nails in the summer with flipflops!
8. Give me an example of something you have made that you are really proud of?
See question 3 above.
9. Would you describe yourself as more of a patchworker or a quilter, or both?
I would describe myself as a beginner but perhaps an aspiring quilter.
10. What has been your favourite decade so far?
Well, I very much enjoyed being young and free in my twenties, but my forties are good despite not having so much energy. I could never party all night and go straight to work like I did when I was in my twenties.
The FQ retreat and Focusfest in Belfast the following weekend!
Now you know why it is good to be in your forties - you can take off and leave hubby and sons to fend for themselves!
Phew are you still with me?
If you are then I will let you know that I have tagged
Sarah at Sew Me
Lorna at Outside Inspiration
Nicky at Mrs Sew and Sow
Jen at Sewlandia
and my questions for you girls are:-
- What is your favourite time of day, and why?
- What has been the best holiday that you have ever had?
- What constitutes a ‘perfect day’ for you?
- Where do you sew? Do you have a dedicated room or space?
- Are you coming to the FQ retreat in June?
- What is your favourite time of year?
- What is the best quilting tip that you have been given? (it can be a little one!)
- What do you enjoy making the most? (Quilts, bags, pouches etc)
- What other things do you do in your spare time?
- Are you a ‘neat and tidy’ person or are you happier living with domesticated mess?
Well I'm all tagged out and missing out on sewing time. I will post in the next couple of days to show you what I have been up to on the sewing front...