Wednesday 1 August 2012

Round up of July sewing

I am linking up with Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day. This is the first month that I am not eligible to enter the Small Blog Meet. I find it astounding that there are people out there who follow my blog. Thank you for popping in and leaving comments. I really do appreciate them and it makes my day to get feedback on my sewing projects.

This won't be a long entry as I have done very little sewing in July. The main focus has bee on completing the In the Frame Swap.
Frame purses
I made two framed purses before gauging the reaction of my partner. I went with the top one and my partner said that she liked it. That was really important for me as it was my first swap.
I have also entered the Brit Quilt Swap-Round 3.This swap is to make a mini quilt between 12" and 24" in size. I wanted to make a porthole as I learnt how to make them at Lu Summers class at the recent FQ retreat. I then just went with the flow and came up with an abstract quilt that I named Bubbles. It uses appliqué and hand quilting. I printed the label using permanent ink and stamps. I really enjoyed making this and I hope that my partner will like it when she receives it at the end of August/beginning of September.
BQS3 mini quilt
 Tanya of Second Chance Tan came over the other Saturday and we did a lot of chatting and 'show and tell' but we also made twins too!
Frame purses made with Tanya. Mine is on the left.
 I also started a quilt using Trade Winds fabric. I love the vibrant colours.
The start of a new quilt
Our family holiday starts this coming weekend. In all, I will be away for a fortnight. I am going to be on my own for the second week and I will use that time to see my family, some friends (including bloggy friends) and perhaps I will do some sewing too. There is no TV or internet at the cottage, so it will be Radio 4 and sewing when I am on my own. My aim is to put the Trade Winds quilt top together and start my hipBee blocks. I hope that I will have these put together to show you when I return.

Di xo

9 comments:

  1. love those purses and the quilt top looks lovely! Have a lovely break xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those purses and the quilt top looks lovely! Have a lovely break xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the porthole quilt and th purses look great! Also, great idea for the label!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frame pouch pictures are great and I love your mini quilt - I hope I'm your partner! I also like your tradewinds blocks. I'll look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely July makes - your mini is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous purses Di, you have been busy with them. I am waiting for the postie to bring mine: tomorrow must surely be the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had a beautiful July in the making department!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like everyone else I'm in love with the purses, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mini for the swap turned out fabulous Di - looks great! And yes, I agree with everyone, your frame purses are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete