Tuesday 27 November 2012

A quick finish

Why is it that some projects sit there half finished, or half formulated in your head, for ages and then others are done immediately? I knew that when I saw this fabric on Thursday that it would make a great 'sober' bag. 
Bag making fabric
I really wanted to make the bag straight away so I got to it last Saturday afternoon. I used  Judith's slouch bag pattern and this is the finished result.

Slouch bag 2
I love the way that the fabric is more sober but although the background is grey there is plenty of colour there too. I like bags to have pockets so I have added a zipper closure pocket and a little slip pocket for my phone.
Pockets detail
I can't tell you how much I like this bag. It is practical, useful and looks good against my black coat.

A 'sober' slouch bag
Now I am going to spend a couple of hours on those half finished projects. The one at the top of my list is my Christmas table runner. I am determined to have this finished in plenty of time so that I can use it in the run up to Christmas. At the Duxford Quilt Show I bought this gismo from Creative Grids and it is well worth the money as there is no sums or working out to do and there is no fabric wastage. I am sure that cardboard templates would work as well but I have gone for the gismo!
2 in 1 Peaks triangle ruler
I have made up some 6" strips of 'Christmas fabric'. These strips have a couple of true Christmas in them but I have mainly used green, red and grey fabrics that aren't Christmas prints.
Red Christmas runner block


Green Christmas runner block
My table is 5 ft long so I am going to need a few more blocks… so I am going to get down to them whilst the light lasts.

Di x



11 comments:

  1. This is a fab bag Di! Is the main fabric Anna Maria Horner? The funky orange lining really makes it pop. I must make a bag soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great bag. I love the placement of the big blousy floor - v.clever. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loulouthi is fabulous in your slouch! Great choice! And I love your triangle blocks! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The fabric is perfect for this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag looks wonderful - great choice of fabrics for it! The blocks are fabulous, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your bag Di, great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love the fabric for that bag. And that will be a pretty neat tab;e runner - woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bag is gorgeous! That field study print is lovely.I love creative grids rulers - your blocks look great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very busy, and the bag looks super! Happy using! Like your blocks as well, cheerful and bright. Did you use that rule for making them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bag. Can't wait to see the table runner. I have never seen that ruler before. I guess I need to go looking for yet another ruler that I can't live without.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just bought this bag pattern on etsy! Thanks for the link x

    ReplyDelete