Tuesday 26 February 2013

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. Trudi came over and we spent the day talking patchwork and quilting, showing each other what we have made (Trudi makes quilts and I have little makes!) and eating a delicious lunch. If only all Mondays could be as good!

Today, I  have caught up on the food shopping, cleaning and cooking. To make the chores go better I also fitted in a little sewing. The Bee a Brit Stingy girls are making scrappy Trip Along blocks for Siblings Together - you can read about this charity here. Our Bee Mama, Nicky, has suggested we do a boys quilt using a red, white, blue and grey colour scheme. 
Boy fabrics
This has proved challenging for me as I really have very little blue or red in my stash. It required a little fabric shopping for four FQs of 'boy' fabric.

Here are my efforts

Scrappy Trip Along blocks
The first one went really smoothly but then I over-thought the second one and opened incorrect seams and pressed a row the wrong way. It was a relief to leave them to go and make soup! After this cooking interlude, all was well and I ended up with two 'boy' scrappy trip blocks. Phew!
Di x


11 comments:

  1. Nice scrappy work, and a day with a quilty friend, sounds lovely! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to make boy things...I have just finished one...but it's a secret for now! The red, white and blue will look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are fab and well suitable for a boy! Glad you and Trudi had fun today. Up for more on Sat? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrappy trip-a-longs and lovely to know that they are going to a Siblings Together quilt that someone will love forever x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blocks, I struggled with the fabric colours too. Wish my Monday had been as good as yours and Trudis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Aren't they gorgeous! Thanks for such a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those blocks are great. I pressed my seams open (cos that's the way I roll)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun day with Trudi. Love those boy trips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a fun day with Trudi and the blocks are fab! I struggled finding those colours too but when I put them together I really liked them!

    Totally know what you mean about taking the seams apart. It took me a while to get my head round it too :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your boy blocks! Sounds like a wonderful day with Trudi!

    ReplyDelete