Saturday 15 September 2012

Bee A Brit Stingy

I have been having a bit of a tidy up of my blog today. You will notice a new Autumn banner and also a new button down on the right hand side. 

Bee a Brit stingy


Yes, I am in a new sewing Bee. It called Bee a Brit Stingy. It is being run by Sheila and Nicky  and they are being ably assisted by Archie and Helen

Now Sheila and Nicky are from Scotland and are therefore canny lasses. This bee is going to be run on a shoestring with second class postage and the expectation that all blocks will be made from scraps and stashes. We are going to try our best to please our fellow Bees with their colour preferences but we are not allowed to buy (gasp!) fabric nor send out fabric when our time comes to be Queen bee. This will be very interesting and I wonder if some bee member will attempt to break the stingy rule. I think that Archie being the superior dog that he is, will be tracking down any rule breakers so I for one have taken the 'Bee a Brit Stingy' pledge and hope that my stash will be able to come up with some suitable fabric for the tasks each Queen bee will be giving us.

We are not going to start the bee until January but we are going to have a little bee swap to break us in gently. The task is to make a pincushion for a fellow bee. I am going to be making for my fellow hipBee and Bee a Brit Stingy friend, Catherine

I think that, despite missing out on the Mouthy Stitches Round 2, I have ended up with as many swaps as I can manage at the moment. I am going to have to put my thinking cap on now…
Di xo

13 comments:

  1. I need to do some general housekeeping on my blog too - love the new header you have
    I know that I will love whatever you make me, so no stressing over it :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo this is a very interesting idea! And it will be good to have something that decreases your scraps instead of increasing them. Let's see if everyone keeps to the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the idea of this new bee - what a fab concept. The new headers look brill, glad those to fab quilts have made it on the the front of you blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the button...will go and get it now. Where did you find out about the partners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a Bee that won't break the bank! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great idea, and will be both fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new header and so excited about Bee A Brit Stingy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, I am catching up again. The quilt for your parents is looking wonderful and I am glad you are swapping in the paramouthy stitches and I love all your blocks. This new bee sounds lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new header :). And the stingy bee sound brilliant, anything in the rules about raiding somebody else's stash? You know you are welcome to,if you need to :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trudi has a good point - raiding another quilter's stash is definitely permitted! Archie's on the look-out for excessive purchases (more than a FQ seems to be his rule!) and will turn up on your doorstep looking stern if you misbehave and become extravagant - Yorkshire dogs don't believe in spending when you can save, unless biscuits are involved. The consumption of biscuits will also be monitored by Archie and he may demand that you eat more to keep up with your quota ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great Bee to bee in :o) I love the idea of using what you have. I've been trying to do that as much as possible...that was until I realized I had NO white on white fabric and HAD to go to the quilt store...such a shame really! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very excited about the Bee! Great header :)

    ReplyDelete