Earlier this month, my boys (young) Godfather became a father. I have held back sending a card to N and his wife R, as I wanted to make a baby quilt to send with it. On Sunday I managed to cut, sew and baste a quilt for Baby E. Back in February this year, I won a fantastic FQ set of Nursery Versery from Alice at Fabric Yard.
It is lovely fabric and the little nursery characters are really sweet however I was sort of stumped as to know what to do with these gorgeous FQs. So when Baby E arrived I set to with making a 'boy' quilt. First thing was to separate all the pink sweet fabric. This left me with just the green, grey and purple FQs. I then added half a metre of a neutral and grey fabric. The patchwork fabric (lower right in the photo) was then taken out as it was too pink!
I then got to it and by 11pm I had this quilt all made up and the backing pieced.
|Pieced back with little frogs on two of the blocks|
Yesterday, I got together with a friend for an afternoon of chat and stitching but I did more unpicking than sewing. My machine kept jumping stitches and no amount of tweaking would fix it. This quick project is now at a halt.
This morning I had to do a 1 1/2hr round trip to drop off my machine at the 'fix it' man.
Now that has put a fly in my ointment! So I have turned my attention to cutting out my sample swap items. Below is a little peak at what I'm doing.
I am using Liberty fabrics with a little green retro print to line the Liberty with. You will have to wait for a full reveal but that can only happen once my machine is back and hopefully working!